Requirements and recommendations
- To visit Puerto Arturo Wildlife Refuge you must be in good physical condition and health, since it requires long walks and constant physical activity.
- The recommended ages for this trek are between 20 to 70 years. Age is not limited, if the person has an excellent physical condition.
- Before leaving your country it is essential to take out travel insurance.
- Travel light and with fresh clothes (see our recommendations of what to pack)
- Avoid traveling in the site after sunset, except for the night expiditions with the local guide
- You can not smoke or drink alcoholic beverages, or go into a drunken state.
- Walk along designated trails and respect signage.
- Leave any type of weapon in the community offices. Hunting is prohibited and carrying firearms is restricted to people with special permissions.
- Do not feed the animals, or destroy the plants.
- What you see is for public appreciation, so that we can all appreciate it. Do not take anything from the site.
- Put the garbage in the containers or take your garbage to a place where you can place it. Do not use speakers, amplifiers or any sound equipment.
- Use only the designated camps to install your camping equipment.